How Do I Check If I Need A Fireproof/ Fire-Resistant Safe?
If you are someone that prefers to keep their valuables at home, within reach but still wants them to be protected, you should seriously consider investing in a fire-resistant safe.
Yes, they are expensive but not only do fire-resistant safes have a resalable value, but they are literally protecting your lifetime earnings and should not be taken lightly.
Some Tips To Help You Choose Better:
Choosing what safe would best suit your requirements is fairly easy. You have to ask yourself a few questions:
- What am I storing in this safe? Jewelry, perhaps guns or will you also be storing important files such as deeds to your house, insurance papers, etc.
- Where will you be storing/hiding this safe? How accessible will this place be in case of a sudden fire?
- How much money are you willing to spend to protect your lifetime savings?
- Where you live and how long would a fire truck take to reach you? This would help you choose the fire-rating you should opt for.
Something to Note:
A safe has to be of good quality anyhow. Some fire safes look sturdy because they are big, but they offer a weak lock with small bolts. The lock can be easily drilled or lock picked. The bolts are not resistant enough to intrusion. The sheets of steel that form the carcass are too thin and can be easily cut.
That is why, we only recommend buying a good safe that is fireproof, and not just any fireproof safe. If you hesitate, first check the weight of the safe. If it is too light, there is a problem with the thickness of the steel and its bolts size. If you ever found your safe cracked open or stolen, you might understand that the primary risk is theft, long before fire or floods. So choose a good overall safe that also has fire resisting capabilities.
Types of Fire-Resistant Safes We Manufacture
The Tejori Safes and Security Equipment Range covers the following items:
- Armoured Series: This series provides the best security as it is made out of imported armoured steel plates. This range is gas-welding resistant which means that thieves won’t be able to cut your safe open. This series is fire resistant for upto 6 hours.
- Warrior Series: This series also provides good security as it is made out of high tensile imported steel plates. This range is fire resistant for upto 3 hours.
- Protector Series: This series is our low-budget range. Made out of imported steel sheets, this range is fire resistant for up to 45 minutes.
Different Kinds of Locking Mechanisms:
Gujrat Steel in its drive to cater to everyone, offers three different types of locking mechanisms, to ensure your ease and convenience. The different types of locking mechanisms that we offer are:
- Key Locks.
- Digital Locks
- Combination Locks.