Choosing the ‘right’ shelving for your home or office can be a daunting task. There are lots of factors to consider before making a decision. We understand the problems that are faced by our customers and so we have compiled a list of factors that one should consider before making a purchase.
- Measure Exactly How Much Space You Have:
Planning for the necessary storage space is critical. Floor space is at a premium in warehouses, and space optimization is the primary reason for purchasing shelving systems. When planning to install shelving systems, it’s critical that you plan the quantity, dimensions, and weight of the inventory that these shelving units will have to support. This allows you to determine how many shelving units you will need, how many units your warehouse floor space can permit, and the type.
- Select the Right Material:
Whatever Shelving system you choose, the material you select should be appropriate to the environment. If your shelving units will be supporting heavy machine parts, castings, and dies, you need to be aware of weight limits.
If your shelving will be housed in high-humidity or cold environments, it’s worth seeking a proper level of corrosion resistance.
- What Is The Weight Of The Items Being Stored?
It’s not good enough to be aware of the weight limits you’ll need when ordering shelving. You should also ensure that your staff is adequately trained and understand proper loading procedures.
Overloading a shelving system, either regarding weight or volume, can cause damage to the system and, potentially, collapse.
- Choose The Right Accessories:
Don’t pass on our Storeway accessories. While Storeway Racking and Shelvings ensure you’re using your space efficiently, it’s the accessories that promote efficiency within your operation. Here are a few of our most popular accessories:
- Shelf Rails: Keep your friends close and your storage items closer. Our Shelf Rails decrease the chances of spills, breakage and items falling off the sides or back or your shelving. This accessory is especially encouraged on any mobile or High Density Storage System.
- Shelf Dividers: Keep small items like condiments from wobbling or falling over by adding our Shelf Dividers. This accessory is also a great solution for maintaining a hygienic environment and preventing cross-contamination.
- Divider Bars: Your Shelving can be anything you want it to be. Divider Bars allow you to create a custom storage unit with storage boxes, food pans on either stationary or mobile shelving. The resulting custom unit can be used as a station for to-go, drying, storage and more. This accessory is also ideal for removing produce from the corrugated packaging into proper storage boxes and transporting from the receiving area to the walk-in.
- ID Tags: Make it easy for employees to know where items are stored—and keep it that way— with our ID Tags. Available in 3” (7.6 cm) and 6” (15.2 cm), ID Tags clip onto traverses without taking up any extra space.
So What Are My Options?
There are a lot of different kinds of Shelving Systems we manufacture under our brand, Storeway Racking & Shelving Systems. They are:
- Mobile Shelving Systems:
We understand that real estate is an extremely expensive commodity and so our high density Mobile Shelving Systems are designed to save up to 66% space, thereby increasing your storage capacity. This ensures that only a part of your office space is utilised for storage and the rest is free for you to do with as you please.
Fitted on tracks and equipped with easy-to-use handles, our Mobile Shelving Systems are ideally for office use to store records and important files. These Mobile Shelving Systems are versatile enough to also be used in your homes in walk-in closets to maximise space. They can be fitted with adjustable shelving or our premium quality cupboards to suit your requirements.
- Light Duty Shelves:
Gujrat Steel Light-Duty Racks are generally used in bookstores, retail stores, schools and even homes. Each shelf can carry a load of 1-125 kg per level.
Equipped to accommodate goods of varying weights and sizes while maintaining cost-effectiveness, our Light-Duty Racks can be used for a multitude of purposes.
- Library Shelves:
Gujrat Steel Pvt. Ltd. Library Shelving is the ideal solution for displaying your books and magazines in your library or book stores. Made out of high quality, imported steel and finished off with oven-baked enamel paint, these Library Shelves are made to last. They come equipped with built in book supporters to ensure that your display stays immaculate.
These Library Shelves are available in different sizes, colours and shelving options.
- Supermarket Shelves:
Our supermarket racking systems are freestanding fixtures used by retailers to display merchandise. Our display shelving for supermarkets, showrooms and departmental stores, can be single or double-sided and can also be glass fronted.
With our supermarket racking systems you can adjust your shelves at a variety of different heights, depths, or shelf numbers to optimize the display of your products for maximum exposure and sales. And since these shelves are so easy to disassemble and assemble, you can easily change the way you display your products at any time. Available in a range of colours and designs, these shelves are practical, versatile and are also aesthetically pleasing.